LiquidPiston is looking for extraordinary machinists and toolmakers to join our rotary diesel engine development team.
Our immediate manufacturing goal is to support the engine test cell by making challenging engine components in-house. Typical tolerances are +/- 0.001" or less. Unique processes, fixtures, materials are common. We use Solidworks, Mastercam, Haas machining centers (3,4,5 axis), Fanuc EDM, and the usual manual equipment, with more on the way. The shop will double in size over the next 1-2 years.
In this position, you will enjoy:
- The challenge offered by this level of precision.
- Seeing immediate results. New parts are tested in the same building, and quality machining leads directly to engine performance improvements.
- Something different from a typical job shop environment. There is no external customer and no repetitive work. Some of the manufacturing processes we are developing are innovative and experimental.
- Participation in the complete engine development process, from design through manufacturing and testing.
- Ownership/responsibility- you will be selecting and ordering tools and material, organizing, keeping the workspace meticulously clean.
- Design creativity. You can design and build your own fixtures, do your own programming, provide feedback to designers, etc.
- Overtime. Typical company hours are M-F from 9AM to 5PM and beyond when necessary. The hours are very flexible as long as the work is getting done.
- An exciting work environment – our entire team is motivated. When was the last time a new engine architecture transformed multiple industries?
- Competitive pay, with room to grow as the company grows. Starting salary $30-$35/hr. based on experience and ability to hit the ground running.
LiquidPiston, Inc. will ensure that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.