Amesim Simulation Engineer
LiquidPiston, Inc. is seeking an Amesim Simulation Engineer to assist in the development of our rotary IC engines. This is a remote position.
***Please do not apply if you do not have at least two years of professional experience using Amesim***
As Amesim Simulation Engineer you will:
• Create and run 0D and 1D simulation models.
• Support the 3D CFD team
• Analyze both simulation and experimental test results, identify performance gaps, and inform next steps in engine performance development
• Think critically, question results, and identify the most efficient technical paths to meet targets
• Collaborate with design and test engineers
• Create and follow standardized procedures related to X engine simulations
• Present ideas and results to management and engineering teams
• Maintain a spirited, open-minded personality and “can-do” attitude
• Stay up to date on engine technology and simulation software developments through independent research and formal courses
• MS or higher in Mechanical Engineering; BS with additional years of relevant experience will be considered
• Deep expertise with Siemens Simcenter Amesim
• Fundamental understanding of Thermodynamics and Fluid Dynamics
• Ability to self-direct and independently solve problems
• Experience with DOE, optimization
• MATLAB and CONVERGE/STAR-CCM+experience
• Experience with rotary and piston engines
• Good communication and proposal writing skills
• Experience working in a prototype/R&D environment
• Startup/small company experience
One of the things we value about our work culture is our people. We work hard, but also have a flexible paid time off policy, encouraging employees to unplug and refuel! Daily work hours can flex around what works best for your work-life balance.
Health and wellness help us show up.
We provide a total rewards package including medical, dental, and vision coverage. You choose what works for you!
Our permanent employees are invested in what we do through the offering of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Don’t leave money on the table.
We offer a 401k w/100% matching up to 3% of your salary and then 50% of contributions between 3-5%.
Never stop learning.
We have training programs to LAUNCH your career through specialization courses, seminars, and other lifelong learning and development resources.
LiquidPiston, Inc. will ensure that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.