LiquidPiston is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Program Manager to join our team in Bloomfield Connecticut, and oversee the development and execution of engine, generator set, and aircraft programs within our organization. This person will lead the successful execution of a variety of projects from start to finish. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent time-management and problem-solving abilities who thrives in fast-paced environments and possesses outstanding leadership, organizational and communication skills.
As a Program Manager, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of development projects, including planning, coordination, and successful execution. Your primary goal will be to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality systems that meet customer requirements and business objectives. This role requires strong technical understanding, exceptional project management skills, and a keen understanding of the product development process.
- Deliver on-time, in-budget projects, to maximize customer satisfaction. Execute projects in line with contractual requirements, and within the intended scope, timeframe, and budget.
- Become a single point of contract with clients. Drive contact with clients throughout the project lifecycle to understand/set expectations, deliver per established timelines, and grow the relationships.
- Lead and manage development programs from concept to launch, ensuring adherence to project schedules, budgets, and quality standards. Formulate inter-connected projects with suitable strategies and objectives that organize, monitor, and coordinate cross-project activities without jeopardizing overall company product development and organization’s objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, manufacturing, procurement, and quality assurance, to drive program success and ensure alignment on project goals.
- Define program objectives, scope, and deliverables, and develop detailed project plans, including timelines, milestones, and resource allocation. Create detailed plans for each project to outline execution strategy including objectives, schedule, deliverables and cost.
- Monitor project progress, identify risks and issues, and develop mitigation strategies to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery.
- Apply risk management process – Effectively deal with the change, resulting from known and unforeseen issues and risks.
- Act as the primary point of contact for customers and internal stakeholders, providing regular updates on program status, addressing concerns, and managing expectations.
- Conduct regular program reviews, identify areas for improvement, and implement corrective actions as necessary.
- Foster strong relationships with external suppliers and vendors, ensuring timely delivery of components and materials.
- Help oordinate testing and validation activities, working closely with the engineering team to ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Stay aware of the latest advancements and trends in technology, incorporating innovative solutions working with the Chief Engineer into program development where appropriate.
- Track and communicate progress. Measure performance for presentation to clients, internal team, and company leadership.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and mentorship to project teams, promoting a collaborative and results-driven work environment.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or a related field (degrees in formal management will be considered). A master's degree is preferred. Formal program management related education a plus.
- PMP or CSM Certification preferred.
- Proven experience (5-7 years) in program management with 3-5 years in leadership roles, specifically in complex system development projects.
- In-depth knowledge of the development process as it relates to program management, including design, analysis, manufacturing, and testing.
- Strong project management skills, with a track record of successfully managing complex projects from initiation to completion. Experience driving scope trade-offs and technical decisions with technical leadership partners, obtaining formal management or customer approval for change orders.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse teams and stakeholders including client facing skills.
- Solid understanding of quality management systems and adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Ability to analyze program data and make informed decisions to drive program success.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with a proactive and solution-oriented mindset. Demonstrated capability managing risk on complex programs – identifying and prioritizing risks, accelerating the discovery of issues or constraints, and executing meaningful remediation plans which improve project outcomes.
- Proficiency in project management software and tools such as Microsoft Project.
One of the things we value about our work culture is our people. We work hard, but also have a flexible paid time off policy, encouraging employees to unplug and refuel! Daily work hours can flex around what works best for your work-life balance.
Health and wellness help us show up.
We provide a total rewards package including medical, dental, and vision coverage. You choose what works for you!
Our permanent employees are invested in what we do through the offering of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Don’t leave money on the table.
We offer a 401k w/100% matching up to 3% of your salary and then 50% of contributions between 3-5%.
Never stop learning.
We have training programs to LAUNCH your career through specialization courses, seminars, and other lifelong learning and development resources.
LiquidPiston, Inc. will ensure that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Based in Bloomfield, CT, LiquidPiston develops compact, powerful, quiet, efficient, low-vibration, multi-fuel capable combustion engines that are scalable from 1HP to over 1000 HP. We're looking for trailblazers and mavericks, people who challenge the status quo and are first to bring new ideas to market. LiquidPiston is a place where the freedom to explore your passion leads to incredible results.