LiquidPiston is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to work in a broad range of engine development activities aimed at bringing LPI’s rotary diesel engines to production.
You will be initially responsible for R&D work to support the company in the execution of its technology roadmap, serving as member of the engineering team.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Conceptualize, design and analyze engine components, systems, and test rigs
- Use SolidWorks for CAD design work
- Perform engineering analysis with hand calculations, custom codes, and commercial software tools (for example Matlab. GT Suite)
- Present data and conclusions to the team in a clear and concise way through written reports and in weekly meetings
- Work with our in-house machinist. as well as external contractors to acquire prototype hardware
- Operate the engine, dynamometer, and DAQ (hardware and software) to conduct engine tests
- Debug mechanical systems (hands-on + analytical work)
- Disassemble, assemble, inspect and document prototype engines and test rigs
- Invent and problem-solve to improve performance of the engine and components and systems
- Oversee or work with a technician and other engineers on design, testing and analysis projects
- Follow company policies (drawing release procedure, Asana, Dropbox organization, etc)
- Communicate professionally with remote teammates, vendors, and consultants using email and Spark
- Maintain a spirited, open-minded personality and “can do” attitude in a course of unavoidable failures
- This broad range of work responsibilities requires invention, imagination, originality and relies on your experience in related fields of mechanical design and implementation
- Continue to educate yourself in Diesel and rotary engine operation, combustion, and thermodynamic cycles. Continuously review the state of the art in engine technology
- Matlab, Design and Analysis of Mechanisms
- Must have a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related field
- Flexible Time Off: We value our employees' well-being and encourage them to recharge with a flexible paid time off policy.
- Health and Wellness: Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Ownership: Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) offering for permanent employees.
- 401k Match: 100% matching up to 3% of your salary and then 50% of contributions between 3-5%.
- Continuous Learning: Access to training programs, specialization courses, seminars, and other development resources.
Based in Bloomfield, CT, LiquidPiston develops compact, powerful, quiet, efficient, low-vibration, multi-fuel capable combustion engines. We value innovation and are always on the lookout for individuals who can bring fresh perspectives to our team.
LiquidPiston, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.