Senior Test Engineer
LiquidPiston is seeking a Sr. Test Engineer to assist in development of our rotary IC engines.
As Sr. Test Engineer you will:
- Design, develop, operate, and maintain engine dynamometer test cells
- Oversee engine assembly, direct a technician, participate (hands-on) as necessary
- Debug mechanical, electrical, and software issues
- Modify LabView code for engine control and data acquisition
- Calibrate diesel and gasoline engines
- Write MATLAB code to automate data post-processing
- Scrutinize test data and present conclusions and recommendations to management
- Invent and generate ideas to improve performance of engine components and systems
- BS or higher in Mechanical Engineering
- 3 years of professional experience with engine testing and/or calibration OR will consider higher level degrees in lieu of professional experience
- Expertise with MATLAB and automation of data analysis
- Ability to maintain enthusiasm, work ethic, and open mind through challenging projects
- Experience with advanced rotary or piston engine technologies (EGR, Miller cycle, HCCI, boosting, etc.)
- Experience with bearings, gears, seals, high-speed rotating machinery
- Good verbal communication and writing skills.
- Experience working in a machine shop/prototype environment
One of the things we value about our work culture is our people. We work hard, but also have a flexible paid time off policy, encouraging employees to unplug and refuel! Daily work hours can flex around what works best for your work-life balance.
Health and wellness help us show up.
We provide a total rewards package including medical, dental, and vision coverage. You choose what works for you!
Our permanent employees are invested in what we do through the offering of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Don’t leave money on the table.
We offer a 401k w/100% matching up to 3% of your salary and then 50% of contributions between 3-5%.
Never stop learning.
We have training programs to LAUNCH your career through specialization courses, seminars, and other lifelong learning and development resources.
LiquidPiston, Inc. will ensure that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Based in Bloomfield, CT, LiquidPiston develops compact, powerful, quiet, efficient, low-vibration, multi-fuel capable combustion engines that are scalable from 1HP to over 1000 HP. We're looking for trailblazers and mavericks, people who challenge the status quo and are first to bring new ideas to market. LiquidPiston is a place where the freedom to explore your passion leads to incredible opportunities! This is an exciting time to join the team. LiquidPiston is going beyond pure R&D roots, now industrializing and commercializing our High Efficiency Hybrid Cycle engines for the first time.
Interested? Apply now and tell us how you can help! https://liquidpiston.com