Test Cell Technician
As a Test Cell Technician, you'll be responsible for the operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of engine test cell equipment used in the testing of LiquidPiston's rotary engines. This position requires technical expertise, attention to detail, and a strong understanding of mechanical testing best practices and methodologies.
1. Equipment Maintenance and Calibration: Perform regular maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting of test cell equipment such as thermocouples, pressure transducers, flow sensors, and data acquisition equipment.
2. Test Execution: Assist Test/Lab Engineers with engine and component testing processes. Record data accurately, and adhere to safety protocols.
3. Collaboration: Work closely with Engine Built Technicians, Machinists, and other team members to assist in engine builds, test cell component fabrication, building maintenance, and other related tasks.
4. Documentation: Maintain records of tests, procedures, and equipment performance. Maintain accurate component inventories. Participate in company meetings, Slack, and email discussions.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Education: An associate degree or technical certification in a relevant field is preferred. Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering education or equivalent experience is also helpful.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in operating and troubleshooting test equipment, knowledge of instrumentation, data acquisition systems, and familiarity with testing protocols. Light fabrication skills (welding, brazing, plumbing, milling machine/lathe) are helpful.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to think critically and interpret test data, identify irregularities, and propose solutions and improvements.
- Attention to Detail: Very important! Strong focus on accuracy, precision, and quality rather than speed. Our prototype engines are very expensive and complicated, and should be treated accordingly. You should be someone who takes price in a clean and orderly workplace.
- Communication: Excellent verbal communication skills and positive "can do" attitude
- Flexible Time Off: We value our employees' well-being and encourage them to recharge with a flexible paid time off policy.
- Health and Wellness: Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Ownership: Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) offering for permanent employees.
- 401k Match: 100% matching up to 3% of your salary and then 50% of contributions between 3-5%.
- Continuous Learning: Access to training programs, specialization courses, seminars, and other development resources.
Based in Bloomfield, CT, LiquidPiston develops compact, powerful, quiet, efficient, low-vibration, multi-fuel capable combustion engines. We value innovation and are always on the lookout for individuals who can bring fresh perspectives to our team.
LiquidPiston, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.