As an Integration Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and developing complex electro-hydraulic-mechanical that meet customer project requirements and industry standards. You will work with cross-functional teams to integrate assemblies into fully complete systems and ensure they function efficiently, and comply with regulatory and safety standards. Example assemblies include fully integrated engines, generator sets and aircraft.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define integration requirements and design solutions that meet product goals
- Responsible for packaging assemblies of subsystems and components and leading the cross-functional team including tradeoff analysis and decision
- Chair packaging and other similar meeting forums maintaining a record of issues and resolution
- Conducting feasibility studies, analyzing performance data, and developing conceptual designs for mounting, thermal, mechanical and electrical systems
- Designing and developing mounting structures, brackets, and adapters to ensure proper alignment, stiffness, and durability of final assemblies
- Developing 3D models and detailed drawings of assembled systems, using computer-aided design (CAD) tools (Solidworks)
- Developing and maintaining design documentation, including drawings, bills of materials, and engineering change orders
- Collaborating with other engineers to optimize the design of the system or equipment to maximize functional performance and efficiency (cost, weight, investment, size, etc.)
- Designing and developing integrated systems that meet customer specifications and requirements
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to integrate assemblies into fully complete systems
- Developing system schematics and drawings to ensure proper installation and operation of the systems
- Identifying potential design issues and developing solutions to address them
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory and safety standards
- Managing project integration timelines and communicating progress to stakeholders
- Maintaining technical documentation and reports on design changes and updates
- Strong Engineer, with specific expertise in assembly design and integration
- Able to manage the integration of complex systems optimizing size, weight, complexity, cost and function
- A dreamer, an innovative, out-of-the-box thinker with an analytical mind. A hands-on problem solver.
- A degreed (MS or Ph.D a plus) engineer with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Technically deep, with experience in rotary equipment, thermofluid systems, combustion engines, and/or UAVs.
- Proficient with the use of design and simulation tools (SolidWorks a plus)
- An exceptional verbal and written communicator.
- Creative and up for a challenge. Our goal is to build the world’s most efficient and power-dense VTOL aircraft based on our rotary engine, and you will be leading the way.
Preferred Skills Include:
- Complex system and assembly integration and packaging
- Electro-hydraulic-mechanical Design/Simulation
- Solidworks; CAD, FEA, Simulation
- Hands-On; Design, Build and Testing
- Project Management and Presentation skills; MS Word, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, Excel
One of the things we value about our work culture is our people. We work hard, but also have a flexible paid time off policy, encouraging employees to unplug and refuel! Daily work hours can flex around what works best for your work-life balance.
Health and wellness help us show up.
We provide a total rewards package including medical, dental, and vision coverage. You choose what works for you!
Our permanent employees are invested in what we do through the offering of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Don’t leave money on the table.
We offer a 401k w/100% matching up to 3% of your salary and then 50% of contributions between 3-5%.
Never stop learning.
We have training programs to LAUNCH your career through specialization courses, seminars, and other lifelong learning and development resources.
LiquidPiston, Inc. will ensure that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.