Staff Engine R&D Engineer
The Staff R&D Engineer will lead and conduct research initiatives related to novel heavy fuel engines and engine systems development projects.
- Develop solutions for advanced technology engines.
- The clean-sheet design of new components and systems.
- Develop and analyze laboratory tests to validate concepts.
- Advise junior engineers and review designs.
- An innovative, out-of-the-box thinker and hands-on problem solver.
- A degreed engineer with 7 years of directly relevant experience.
- Technically deep, with experience in overall design and performance of rotary equipment, thermofluid systems, and combustion engines. Experience in compressors and pumps is also helpful.
- Diligent, professional, and exceptional verbal and written communicator.
- Creative and up for a challenge; our goal is to build the world’s most efficient and power-dense engines, and you will be leading the way.
It's a plus if you are or have:
- Experience leading small projects or teams in an R&D environment, from concept, all the way through to production.
- Experience specifically in improving the efficiency of combustion engines.
- An expert in understanding and applying thermodynamic cycles and combustion systems for modern CI and SI engines.
- An expert in one or more engine efficiency improvement technologies (boosting, EGR, HCCI, emissions, etc).
- MS or Ph.D. degree.
- Able to direct the use of CAD and simulation tools such as SolidWorks, GT-Power, CONVERGE CFD, thermal and structural FEA.
One of the things we value about our work culture is our people. We work hard, but also have a flexible paid time off policy, encouraging employees to unplug and refuel! Daily work hours can flex around what works best for your work-life balance.
Health and wellness help us show up.
We provide a total rewards package including medical, dental, and vision coverage. You choose what works for you!
Our permanent employees are invested in what we do through the offering of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Don’t leave money on the table.
We offer a 401k w/100% matching up to 3% of your salary and then 50% of contributions between 3-5%.
Never stop learning.
We have training programs to LAUNCH your career through specialization courses, seminars, and other lifelong learning and development resources.
Based in Bloomfield, CT, LiquidPiston develops compact, powerful, quiet, efficient, low-vibration, multi-fuel capable combustion engines that are scalable from 1HP to over 1000 HP. We're looking for trailblazers and mavericks, people who challenge the status quo and are first to bring new ideas to market. LiquidPiston is a place where the freedom to explore your passion leads to incredible opportunities!
This is an exciting time to join the team. LiquidPiston is going beyond pure R&D roots, now industrializing and commercializing our High Efficiency Hybrid Cycle engines for the first time.
LiquidPiston, Inc. will ensure that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.