Recruiting and HR Specialist
As an HR Specialist with recruiting and HR experience, you will play a vital role in the success of our organization. Your primary responsibility will be to manage the end-to-end recruiting process, ensuring we attract and hire the best candidates for LiquidPiston. Additionally, you will provide HR support to our employees and assist in creating a positive workplace culture.
1. Collaborate with hiring managers to understand job descriptions.
2. Source, screen, and interview candidates to assess their qualifications and cultural fit.
3. Manage job postings on various job boards, websites, and social media platforms.
4. Conduct reference checks and background screenings on potential hires.
5. Coordinate interviews and assessments, ensuring a smooth and positive candidate experience.
6. Make recommendations for job offers and facilitate the negotiation and onboarding process.
7. Maintain and update the applicant tracking system and recruitment database.
1. Assist in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures.
2. Provide guidance to employees and managers on HR-related matters, including benefits, leaves, and workplace issues.
3. Conduct new employee orientation and assist in the onboarding process.
4. Maintain personnel records and ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
5. Support employee performance evaluations and feedback process.
6. Assist with employee engagement initiatives and activities.
7. Works with attorneys and employees/applicants in relation to work related visa activities.
8. Assist in the selection of and management of benefit plans including health, dental and disability.
9. Run payroll.
10. Stay up to date on the latest employment laws related to our business and provide recommendations on how to execute.
1. Bachelor's degree in HR, Business Administration or a related field.
2. Experience recruiting in the engineering field for positions like the following: electrical, mechanical, aerospace and engine design engineers.
3. Proven experience as an HR Specialist with a focus on recruitment.
4. Strong knowledge of HR laws and regulations.
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
7. Proficiency with HR software and ATS systems.
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion.
9. Experience working in a start-up environment.
- Flexible Time Off: We value our employees' well-being and encourage them to recharge with a flexible paid time off policy.
- Health and Wellness: Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Ownership: Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) offering for permanent employees.
- 401k Match: 100% matching up to 3% of your salary and then 50% of contributions between 3-5%.
- Continuous Learning: Access to training programs, specialization courses, seminars, and other development resources.
Based in Bloomfield, CT, LiquidPiston develops compact, powerful, quiet, efficient, low-vibration, multi-fuel capable combustion engines. We value innovation and are always on the lookout for individuals who can bring fresh perspectives to our team.
LiquidPiston, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.