Senior Design Engineer
LiquidPiston, Inc. is seeking a Senior Design Engineer to assist in the development of our rotary IC engines.
- BS or higher in Mechanical Engineering.
- Strong understanding of engines and design for manufacturing.
- 3+ years of professional experience with engine component design and simulation.
- Ability to self-direct and independently solve problems.
- Expertise in Solidworks.
- Expertise with mechanical/thermal/fluid simulation tools.
As Senior Design Engineer you will:
- Invent/generate ideas to improve the performance of LiquidPiston’s engines.
- Create solid models and assemblies using SolidWorks.
- Lead technicians, interns, and junior engineers on design and analysis projects.
- Lead initial engine architecture/layout processes.
- Analyze component and system designs using hand calculations, software simulations, and experimental results.
- Create and release shop-ready drawings.
- Select and act as primary contact for machine shops and suppliers from RFQ through incoming inspection.
- Oversee engine assembly processes and participate in hands-on assembly.
- Support engine testing.
- Create and follow standardized procedures related to engine design and analysis.
- Present ideas and results to management and engineering teams.
- Maintain a spirited, open-minded personality and “can-do” attitude.
- Experience with advanced rotary and piston engine technologies (Miller cycle, HCCI, etc.).
- Professional experience with camshafts, bearings, gears, high-speed machinery.
- Good communication and proposal writing skills.
- Experience working in a machine shop/prototype environment.
- Training and experience with GT Suite, ANSYS, MATLAB.
One of the things we value about our work culture is our people. We work hard, but also have a flexible paid time off policy, encouraging employees to unplug and refuel! Daily work hours can flex around what works best for your work-life balance.
Health and wellness help us show up.
We provide a total rewards package including medical, dental, and vision coverage. You choose what works for you!
Our permanent employees are invested in what we do through the offering of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Don’t leave money on the table.
We offer a 401k w/100% matching up to 3% of your salary and then 50% of contributions between 3-5%.
Never stop learning.
We have training programs to LAUNCH your career through specialization courses, seminars, and other lifelong learning and development resources.
LiquidPiston, Inc. will ensure that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Based in Bloomfield, CT, LiquidPiston develops compact, powerful, quiet, efficient, low-vibration, multi-fuel capable combustion engines that are scalable from 1HP to over 1000 HP. We're looking for trailblazers and mavericks, people who challenge the status quo and are first to bring new ideas to market. LiquidPiston is a place where the freedom to explore your passion leads to incredible opportunities! This is an exciting time to join the team. LiquidPiston is going beyond pure R&D roots, now industrializing and commercializing our High Efficiency Hybrid Cycle engines for the first time.
Interested? Apply now and tell us how you can help! https://liquidpiston.com