Metal Additive Manufacturing Designer/Modeler
LiquidPiston, Inc. is seeking a Mechanical Engineering Specialist with expertise in Additive Manufacturing and Topology Optimization to enhance the development and manufacturing of our innovative rotary IC engines.
- BS or higher in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Deep expertise in Additive Manufacturing processes and technologies.
- Proficiency in Topology Optimization for design and manufacturing.
- 3+ years of professional experience in design, simulation, and manufacturing using additive technologies.
- Strong understanding of design for additive manufacturing.
- Ability to self-direct and independently solve complex engineering problems.
- Expertise in Solidworks or equivalent
- Expert-level in Ansys, Topology or equivalent CAD topology optimization software.
- Familiarity with mechanical/thermal/ fluid simulation tools.
- Apply additive manufacturing and topology optimization techniques to enhance engine component designs.
- Invent/generate ideas to improve the performance and manufacturability of LiquidPiston's engines using advanced manufacturing techniques.
- Create solid models and assemblies optimized for additive manufacturing.
- Collaborate with the broader engineering team to integrate additive components into engine systems.
- Analyze component designs using hand calculations, software simulations, and experimental results to ensure optimal performance and manufacturability.
- Oversee the additive manufacturing process, ensuring quality and consistency.
- Support engine testing and provide insights for design improvements.
- Maintain a spirited, open-minded personality and a "can-do" attitude.
- Experience with advanced combustion engine, compressors, and related technologies
- Professional experience with materials science as it pertains to additive manufacturing.
- Good communication and proposal writing skills.
- Experience working in an R&D and prototype environment.
- Training and experience with GT Suite, ANSYS, MATLAB, or other relevant software.
- Flexible Time Off: We value our employees' well-being and encourage them to recharge with a flexible paid time off policy.
- Health and Wellness: Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Ownership: Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) offering for permanent employees.
- 401k Match: 100% matching up to 3% of your salary and then 50% of contributions between 3-5%.
- Continuous Learning: Access to training programs, specialization courses, seminars, and other development resources.
Based in Bloomfield, CT, LiquidPiston develops compact, powerful, quiet, efficient, low-vibration, multi-fuel capable combustion engines. We value innovation and are always on the lookout for individuals who can bring fresh perspectives to our team.
LiquidPiston, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.