We're hiring a Designing Drafter to support mechanical engineering design projects. Must be proficient in solid modeling and familiar with ASME drawing standards. Experience with manufacturing processes a plus. Tooling and machine design experience a plus.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- 3D parametric modeling using Solidworks.
- Generate Manufacturing drawings and BOMs. GD&T tolerancing.
- Ability to structure work within Collaboration and Data Management Software (Solidworks PDM).
- Ability to understand engineering requirements/product specifications.
- Frequent collaboration with senior engineers.
- Generate submittal drawings for engineering team approval.
- Editing installation instructions and parts manuals to meet specific project requirements.
- Maintaining standard part documentation and models.
- 3D Parametric software (SolidWorks).
- Experience working with large / complex CAD assemblies.
- Microsoft Office (especially Excel).
- Ability to document and write simple and easy to understand instructions and procedure documents.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal customers.
- Ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to produce accurate, professional and error free documents in a timely manner.
- Ability to effectively work as part of a team.
- Ability to work with engineering and manufacturing teams to meet deadlines and expectations.
- Flexible Time Off: We value our employees' well-being and encourage them to recharge with a flexible paid time off policy.
- Health and Wellness: Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Ownership: Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) offering for permanent employees.
- 401k Match: 100% matching up to 3% of your salary and then 50% of contributions between 3-5%.
- Continuous Learning: Access to training programs, specialization courses, seminars, and other development resources.
Based in Bloomfield, CT, LiquidPiston develops compact, powerful, quiet, efficient, low-vibration, multi-fuel capable combustion engines. We value innovation and are always on the lookout for individuals who can bring fresh perspectives to our team.
LiquidPiston, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.