Engine Design Engineer
We are seeking experienced Engine Design Engineers to join our dynamic team. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and developing cutting-edge engines, subsystem and components for various applications, including hybrid, aviation, and power generation. You will work collaboratively with a team of engineers to design, analyze, and optimize engines, and the subsystems and components for performance, efficiency, cost, weight, and durability.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define system and component design solutions that meet product goals
- Responsible for packaging designs into the overall integrated engine assembly
- Conducting feasibility studies, analyzing tradeoffs, and developing conceptual designs for engine systems and components
- Designing and developing systems and components to ensure proper alignment, stiffness, durability, and other functional characteristics of final assemblies
- Developing 3D models and detailed drawings of assembled systems, using computer-aided design (CAD) tools (Solidworks) and release for prototype and production
- Conducting or championing virtual analysis and simulation for responsible components
- Developing and maintaining design documentation, including drawings, bills of materials, and engineering change orders
- Working cooperatively with cross-functional teams in design for manufacturing, quality and service
- Identifying potential design issues and developing permanent corrective actions to address them
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory, design, and safety standards
- Managing system and component timelines and communicating progress to stakeholders
- Maintaining technical documentation and reports on design changes and updates
- Working with Procurement and Supply on sourcing and supplier quality programs
- Planning and executing D/PFMEA and DVPR processes
- Strong Engineer, with specific expertise in engine design
- Able to manage the lifecycle of components and systems from concept to post-production support
- A dreamer, an innovative, out-of-the-box thinker with an analytical mind. A hands-on problem solver.
- Technically deep, with experience in rotary equipment, thermofluid systems, and combustion engines
- Proficient with the use of design and simulation tools (SolidWorks a plus)
- An exceptional verbal and written communicator.
- Creative and up for a challenge. Our goal is to build the world’s most efficient and power-dense VTOL aircraft based on our rotary engine, and you will be leading the way.
Preferred Skills Include:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in engine design, preferably in automotive, marine, aviation, or power generation industries
- Strong proficiency in CAD software, such as SolidWorks
- Knowledge of engine design principles, thermodynamics, and combustion processes
- Experience with engine simulation and analysis tools, such as GT-Power, AVL, or ANSYS a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Hands-On; Design, Build and Testing
- Project Management and Presentation skills; MS Word, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, Excel
One of the things we value about our work culture is our people. We work hard, but also have a flexible paid time off policy, encouraging employees to unplug and refuel! Daily work hours can flex around what works best for your work-life balance.
Health and wellness help us show up.
We provide a total rewards package including medical, dental, and vision coverage. You choose what works for you!
Our permanent employees are invested in what we do through the offering of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Don’t leave money on the table.
We offer a 401k w/100% matching up to 3% of your salary and then 50% of contributions between 3-5%.
Never stop learning.
We have training programs to LAUNCH your career through specialization courses, seminars, and other lifelong learning and development resources.
LiquidPiston, Inc. will ensure that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.